July 03, 2005

I'm not the only one

The Cat's Dream blog (I don't know why it's called that) has a wonderful gripe about Live 8. It's perfect for all those who are suffering Live 8 fatigue.
I felt dizzy when I read about Bono and World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz talking about poverty in Africa. But the worst had still to happen.

I wanted to laugh – but I couldn’t – when I heard George W. Bush talking about the great generosity of US Government to help the developing countries. But the worst had still to happen.

I felt sick when I saw Tony Blair and Sir Bob Geldof flirting and preaching on TV about Make Poverty History. But the worst had still to happen.

I thought of Afghanistan and Iraq when I heard UN Secretary General Kofi Annan saying: "On behalf of the poor, the voiceless and the weak I say thank you." But the worst had still to happen.

Then I saw Bill Gates on the stage of Live 8 in London, calling for generosity. But even that wasn’t the worst.

The worst would be let these clowns blind us on the real causes of the problem, in Africa as anywhere else. The worst would be falling in this propaganda trap orchestrated by war criminals and their friends. The worst would be let them win.
Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment