July 10, 2005

Nick Cohen tells the truth

I hate reading articles by war party hacks so I tend to skip over them pretty quickly; maybe too quickly. Please click the headline here and read Nick Cohen's Observer article and tell me if I'm wrong. Here is my take. The people who bombed London are some kind of Islamicist group. The bombing was not retaliation for anything. The bombing of innocents was because they were (mostly) not Muslims. The aim of the bombings is to have all non-Muslims in the West convert to Islam. Then the Islamists who bombed us can kill even more of us because
as the past 40 years have shown, Islamism is mainly concerned with killing and oppressing Muslims.
Nick Cohen doesn't want to come to the conclusion that he does come to because alternative explanations, like the fact that the bombings of London and elsewhere have been retaliatory or at least explainable by reference to something the West has done to or in the Middle East, because "I [Nick Cohen] understand the appeal." But if you do want to look further or perhaps deeper than the "psychopathic force" then you are suffering from, or guilty of, "this manic masochism [that] has spread like bindweed and strangled leftish and much conservative thought." Thank goodness for courageous men like Nick Cohen.

But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment